INSTAGRAM

lundi 18 novembre 2013

Stockholm - November 2013

Here we are.
We are monday, and I just landed back in Copenhagen yesterday. We spent a wonderful week-end in the "capital of Scandinavia", aka Stockholm. I've always wanted to visit this city, since I am a great fan of Swedish fashion and lifestyle, through all the blogs I read from swedish girls.

We spent 3 entire days there, from friday (EARLY) in the morning to sunday, taking a late flight.
No need to say I am so tired, because I had again a case day today, but oh my god it was worth it!
And we were so lucky with the weather.

FIRST DAY
In the bus from the airport to the city center, which is very far.




Discovering the youth hostel where we stayed. Such a great choice! It was so perfect, so cosy, plenty of young people from all around the world, very clean, the breakfast was so good, the pasta were free to have dinner... I definitely recommend it.


The team!
Marta and Daniela from portugal, Juan and Macarena from Spain and Laura and me from France. 

Then we decided to discover a bit the "island" where our hostel was. It was in the city center, in Noormalm. There, you can find the main shopping areas, restaurants, cafés, and more on the East, Östermalm, the "posh" area.

 Drottninggatan (Queen Street) is a major pedestrian street in Stockholm, where you find most of the brands.

The biggest Weekday I've never seen, it is normal since it's swedish.


While my friends enjoy a really cultural opening lunch (Lol!) I decided to try what they call the Dagens Lunch, in other words the take-away lunch you can have on weekdays for cheap. It was really good, a big piece of fish with veggies and rice, a very good sauce, for...6 euros.


Then we walked until the Kulturhuset.
Kulturhuset is exactly based on the same principle than the Centre George Pompidou in Paris (Beaubourg.) A free place dedicated to culture, where you have a library, and many different exhibitions.



Here some pictures of the exhibitions I saw there, and the pictures I liked.
 A mini Stockholm!

I love the light of these pictures, the cosy vibe.








Joan Jonas - REANIMATION
"The entire work is based on the novel Under the Glacier by Icelandic writer Halldór Laxness, published in the 1960s. As Jonas says, the book  "is partly an homage to spiritual aspects of nature, focusing on a particular glacier, but as glaciers are now melting the work Reanimation reflects this present-day situation"."Reanimation II" includes video, sculpture and drawings." Source : Kulturhuset website
This exhibition was visually amazing. We could take pictures in front of the screen that make really nice effects. 



 As you can see, Laura and me know how to have fun with art.


At the Kulturhuset library, at the fashion corner, I found a really nice book about minimalism...








The roof of the incredible H&M (the religion there)

By the end of the day, we decided to see a bit of shops in Noormalm. By the way, I could see many pieces of the Isabel Marant collection. It seems that swedish people were not really into it. And I understand : really disappointed. It looked so nice on the picture, and in the reality, really poor quality and design...

Then, we went a bit on the East, in Östermalm, the posh and wealthy area. We visit the shops on Biblioteksgatan (shopping street). This neighborhood serves up an array of high-end shops, but also shops as COS, & Other stories, Urban Outfitters... of course we went in the two first ones, being swedish brands!





 Some pictures from the fitting rooms ;) I definitely love COS and Other Stories.


And the surprise of the day...... At H&M, I had an heart attack when I saw Caroline Blomst, also known as Stockholm Streetstyle. I am great fan of her blog, she is one of the most famous blogger of Sweden.
She is really, really nice. We talked about many things(but of course mainly about fashion!), Stockholm, the fact that she misses France... And guess what she even follows me on Instagram. (Yes I am excited. Yes I admit.)


And we ended the day with a big plate of pasta well deserved at the hostel!


SECOND DAY

 Saturday was such a full day. We went to Gamla Stan, the Island between Noormalm and Sōdermalm.
"Gamla stan (The Old Town), until 1980 officially Staden mellan broarna (The Town between the Bridges), is the old town of Stockholm,Sweden. " Source Wikipédia
In fact, this is the medieval city with many colors that you can see everytime you google "Stockholm".















Then we crossed the bridge to go to Södermalm. There, we took the stair to The Katarina Lift (SwedishKatarinahissen), which is a passenger elevator in Stockholm that connects Slussen (the lock area) to the heights of Södermalm. The lift has been closed since 2010 due to lack of security in the construction. So we took the stairs! And what an amazing view on the city.






Then, we visited Södermalm, known for its second-hand shops, its concept stores, its cute cafés to take the perfect "Fika", the afternoon snack, which is a tradition here (Coffee and pastries)
Södermalm is a district of small boutiques. SoFo – the area south of Folkungagatan – along with Götgatan, has become a diverse scene for the new and unexpected, as well as top-class vintage merchandise. This is a place for fashion and design mavens to find things that have been much written about as well as unique items.  Source : visitstockholm
The thrift shop beyond retro.


The famous concept store " GrandPa"


  We had a late lunch in Södermalm, in a tapas restaurant.



And then, we found the perfect and cosiest café to enjoy a coffee, and swedish delicious pastries...





And then, we walked to the famous Fotografiska museum.


This museum is amazing. I had such a great time there. It is a pleasure to watch so many beautiful pictures, getting lost in a exhibition...


I had a crush for this one.
Paolo Roversi, is famous for his nude portraits, has worked with many famous muses everybody knows. His photos have deeply moved me.
He knows how to show the beauty that there is in every body. They are all different, and yet we do not watch nudity, we are captivated by the eye-contact of his muses.



















 The last exhibition we saw.




We had fun with the museum own photo booth.

 And then coming back again to the hostel in the Stockholm's darkness.



LAST DAY



We went into "MOOD", a small and beautiful shopping centre in Ostermalm. There we found a very nice exhibition called Non-Violence.





Isn't it amazing? Busts, made ​​only of iron mail. 









What I purchased there? Actualluy I've been really wise. I just bought a basic tee at & Other stories, because it fits me perfectly. And I was SO HAPPY, to FINALLY find The Gentlewoman, this bi-annual magazine ( that looks more like a book in fact). This is considered as a Bible by the fashion world. I think I will write about it. The inside is so aesthetic. The pictures so beautiful, and the interviews so interesting.
The Gentlewoman magazine takes a look at the world of female fashion with a witty and intelligent approach. There will be in depth interviews with the women that are currently shaping our world today. The magazine will also provide fascinating new clothing lines and new designer information for readers who like to stay up to date with the latest fashion movements. The magazine is published by the same people behind Fantastic Man magazine. This magazine is packed full of great enjoyable content and beautifully laid out full page images. 

How can I conclude? I had such an amazing time.
I realized how much spending your money in traveling in the best way to spend it. I feel so grateful, so fulfilled. I am already thinking about a future destination. I would like to leave for a new and unknown destination every month... How lucky am I...

1 commentaire:

  1. Merci pour cette petite visite digitale de Stockholm !

    RépondreSupprimer